Where are you currently stashing your book collection? Are your books scattered around the house or maybe stowed away in the attic where they’re just sitting and collecting dust?
Not. Any. More.
Read on to learn 5 simple steps to getting the home library you deserve!
Go to www.theclosetenvy.com and book (pun intended) a free consultation so we can install beautiful built-ins in whichever room of your home you’d like to display your collection!
Sorting. Now that you have your gorgeous new Closet Envy system, it’s time to go through your collection & start sorting! (Or we could do this for you… we include 4 hours of Professional Organizing with every purchase of $4,000+… just a thought!) 😉 You can sort your books by topic or color, depending on how you would like your library to function/ look aesthetically!
If you sort your books by topic:
- Next you’ll want to sort them by weight & how often you will be pulling this book to read it!
- Place the heavier books on the bottom shelves
- Place the books you’ll be grabbing most often towards the ends of the rows (so you’re not grabbing books from the center too often).
- Alternatively, you can sort them by topic & then by alphabetical order if that makes you happy! (Remember, we’re designing YOUR happy place!!)
If you sorted your books by color:
- Create your rainbow! Done!
Fill in the gaps. If you have space for books that you intend to get in the future, you can fill the gaps with decorative items, get creative!
Look after your library, and keep it clean. Dust is the most common problem, but it can also be books not put back, leftover drinking cups, etc.
Enjoy! Find a cozy reading area where you can still occasionally gaze at your stunning new library, and get to reading!