Our envy of the day is the liquor display in the featured image above. A simply stunning functional, unisex statement piece.
Have you ever dreamt of having your own wine room or bar at home?
Many of our clients that we see store their wines & liquor in their Pantry, in some random cabinet, or worst of all on top of their fridge!! Wouldn’t it be great to be able to proudly display your collection the next time you entertain guests?
Dream no more- because our experienced Senior Designers WILL find the solution that suits your needs. We will first consult with you and determine how extensive your collection may become, and what spaces you may have that would best suit these needs. (Our designers are experts at finding the space.
We have endless materials to choose from (with a new exclusive line coming soon) to build your dream into a reality. Customizing your space will ensure maximum utility and will be a pleasure to use and to see on a daily basis. Using custom uplighting or ribbon lights, we ensure that your labels are easy to read while also providing a dramatic appearance. Your wine room or liquor cabinet will become a statement piece.
Do you also have beautiful stem-ware (maybe from your wedding years ago) that has been hiding away in a cabinet somewhere? Hide no more! We can install custom hanging stemware racks with lights shining from above to truly illuminate your glass collection.
We are SO excited that our very own Senior Designer Rhonda Ray based in Dallas, Texas was featured on Good Morning Texas yesterday morning! She showcased our gorgeous closets in the Booth Brothers Homes model at Montgomery Farm in Allen, Texas!
If you missed it live, watch it below:
In it she emphasizes how important closets are to your daily life. They are where you start & end your day. If they are cluttered & not functional, they can really effect your life in a major way!
She also pointed out that we include 4 free hours of on-site Professional Organization with every project of $4,000 or more! We only partner with the best, licensed professional organizers to make sure that our clients get the very best!
Some of our clients enjoy utilizing the Professional Organizing services both before & after we install their new closet. First to declutter their closets & ensure that only the correct items stay, and then to organize their newly installed closet by putting away all of their items! How much would this impact your life to have a master closet that is both gorgeous and fully functional?
She also mentioned that we will SOON have 20… that’s right… TWENTY new colors to choose from exclusively at The Closet Envy to completely customize your dream closet! We are so excited to show you all the new line of product! More on that soon… stay tuned to our blog to learn more!
So you’ve decided to make an incredible investment in your home by having The Closet Envy install a custom closet system! Congratulations! Now that you have the perfect functional and beautiful blank canvas to work with, you can start to fill it with your own items!
If you’re wanting your closet to look absolutely Pinterest-worthy, it’s important to keep your new space as streamlined as possible by arranging each item of clothing appropriately. In order to utilize your brand new closet in the most efficient way possible, remember to keep unnecessary items (aka clutter) far away!
Utilize these 8 Pro-Tips:
- Group like with like: Since your clothing & accessories have already been removed before your Closet Envy System was installed, now is the perfect opportunity to group your items! Start by sorting your hanging clothes by type. Divide your clothing by person (should you be sharing a closet with your significant other). Then, divide the clothing by work, casual, and dressy attire. (*NOTE: leave your sweaters in a separate pile, you’ll see why soon!) Next, you should sort these items further by type… pants, skirts, dresses, shirts, blouses, etc. Now that you have these groups sorted out, sort them further by length… short sleeved shirts to long sleeved, short dresses to long dresses, tight fitting pants to looser ones, etc. Now it’s time to hang! Make sure you keep a little bit of space in between each section to save time searching!
- Organize shoes by type: Did you get a jaw-dropping highly illuminated Closet Envy shoe wall like this one? Make sure to do it justice by sorting your shoes by type, color, and “prettiness.” Pro-tip: When organizing heels, make sure to have one pointing towards the wall, and one facing outward as shown in this photo!
- Hang your pants on top: Wait… what? It may seem more than a bit odd to have your pants on top when their worn… on bottom… if you follow this tip you will get the illusion of more space because your pants will inevitably take up less space than your shirts. So: start by folding your pants in half, and then hanging them on the top rod! If you’d rather not have your pants hung, they can also be folded and placed on your shelves instead.
- Add baskets to cubby spaces: There are endless designs of baskets to match with any decor. These baskets are the perfect place to keep socks, bathing suits, and other smaller items. Storing these items in baskets will create greater visibility, allowing you to easily find exactly what you need, unlike if you were to keep them in drawers.
- Stack (don’t hang!!) sweaters systematically: Pro-Tip: sweaters should not be hung because hangers can pull the threads at the shoulders which would cause major damage over time! EEK! So, to avoid the unraveling of your gorgeous sweaters, fold them and keep them on your custom shelving! How to sort them? First by weight, then by color, and stack them no more than five high. When you create short stacks of sweaters, they will naturally break up your pieces by season which will save precious time when you need to find that exact sweater to wear on a given day. Another good reason for shorter sweater stacks: these piles will fit perfectly between your
brand new shelves!
- Organizing belts: Sort them first by purpose, and then separate these belts by color. Next, hang them (or roll them into a basket) and place them in a low-traffic location to keep them out of the way but still accessible!
- Divide your scarves by knitted or cloth: Did your custom closet come with diamond-shaped nooks? These are the perfect spot to roll thick scarves and easily see what you’re working with! If you didn’t get these custom nooks, you can also fold your thicker scarves & store them on a shelf or in a basket & then hang your lightweight scarves by length so they’re easier to locate as needed!
- Don’t allow unworthy items: Do you have random promotional T-shirts, clothes you haven’t worn in years, wire dry-cleaner hangers, or orphan socks still in your possession? These items will just clutter your beautiful new space! Take stock of any undesirable items and consider donating old items, and store pieces you just can’t part with elsewhere!
It’s the time of year when most people are looking to get organized. Why not start with your closet? Here are a few of our favorite closet organization hacks!
Ring It Up
Shower curtain rings aren’t just for the bathroom anymore! You can use them to organize all kinds of accessories in your closet. You can use the rings on the closet rod or hang several on a hanger. They are perfect for getting your scarf collection under control. Or you can use them help hold your hats. Simply hang the back of your ball cap on a ring. Have a few too many purses to fit on your shelves? Use a ring, or two, or fifteen to hang those handbags.
Want a high end look to organize those accessories? Check out our Synergy Elite collection for scarf, tie, and belt racks.
Pop the Top
If you have a small closet you may find that your closet rods are stuffed with hangers. Give yourself a bit more room by creating a daisy chain effect with soda can tabs. Use them to hang multiple hangers together. By going vertical you can save more space in your closet. Skirts and shirts are great items for the daisy chain solution. They are thin enough to hang vertically with ease. Who knew your soda habit would come in so handy?!!
If you have a tall closet you can utilize the top space with a pull down closet rod. There’s no need for a step stool or a 6’5″ spouse to take advantage of vertical space. You can reach all by yourself (with the help of a pull down rod, but we won’t tell).
Your love of shoes just got you one step closer to an organized closet. It’s time to upcycle those boxes for some organizational bliss. Use them as drawer or shelf dividers to hold your lingerie, socks, even ties. You could even cover the boxes with decorative paper and use them on your shelves to hold any number of items.
Pull out divided drawers are another way to create the same organizational function. They look divine and store your clothes all at the same time.
You’re on the Hook
Does your closet have some blank wall space? Pegboard is a great way to take advantage of that space for organization. It’s not just for tool storage anymore! Paint the pegboard for a splash of color and then start your organizing engines! If you have 800 million earrings you could just store those. For the rest of us, you can use those hooks to organize scarves, belts, purses, as well as jewelry galore.
The Omni Track system is another amazing way to use your wall space to organizer your favorite accessories. We can hook you up!
Closet Organization Masters
If you’re looking for someone to hack your closet call the closet organization masters! We can take your closet from mess to the closet of your dreams in no time. It’s practically a super power. Schedule your free consultation today!